Skam Dust from the womb of Skarhead is a thunder bolt of terror, internationally known and locally hated is here to sabotage the stage. Your favorite hero got his start when he was on the lamb touring with the infamous Skarhead in the mid 90’s and that is how he got a better taste of N.Y.H.C. a partner in crime with Lord Ezec from Jackson Heights. Skam Dust grew up in Corona with Hoya from Madball and was always in trouble. Skam and his older brother Nom used to bomb the system with the legendary Mque One. Skam was destined to rock the mic and stir up chaos in the underground with his brothers from the world famous D.M.S. Crew. After the legendary Skarhead tour, Lord Ezec told Skam he should start a band and then Son of Skam was born. Son of Skam did a few things here and there but never really went full throttle with the music. With 3 other singers in the group Skam needed to do his own s… and show the world how his crazy Cuban/Dominican ass destroys the mic. So 2008, Lord Ezec a.k.a Danny Diablo calls up Skam Dust and tells him to set it off! Skam Dust will share his pain through fat beats, now you will get to understand the psychotic mind of Skam Dust as he murders these tracks. So Lord Ezec now brings the heat and flys Skam Dust to L.A. to Nigel Starr’s studio and they bang out a dope ass EP. Skam Records with Natasha Nicholson (Eye-Ra-Haze), CeeKay Jones (The ShotBlockers, D.M.S.), Grizz Rock (Ruff Ryders, The ShotBlockers) and R&B singer/songwriter JayR. With Nigel Starr on the boards and Ezec cracking the whip on the animal known as Skam Dust, Skam Dust is ready to rock. Now Skam Dust has an EP which will drop on Eulogy records this year and is produced by Lord Ezec. This is true Thug-Core straight from The Rotten Apple. Listen to Hardcore O.G. Danny Diablo when he spits on this record and says Now Listen How My Man Skam Dust Gets Down. SKAM DUST, FROM THE WOMB OF SKARHEAD STRAIGHT TO YOUR M… F… FACE.

My lyrics tell my story in the most explicit way possible. These stories are informed by who I am and where I grew up: the Bermuda Triangle of NY called Corona Queens and known to many as Spaghetti Park. It was right out of a mob movie and full of characters. This is where my inner circle began and where my stories came alive. My lyrics tell the stories of my youth, recalling a time when the police and the public were in a state of panic. A time when the 44 Killer, otherwise known as the Son Of Sam, was on the loose and filling the city with terror. Meanwhile, NYC was undergoing a city-wide blackout. My lyrics speak about the excitement that filled the city after the NY Yankees won the World Series and Reggie Jackson hit three home runs in one game. And they speak about the days when graffiti was on every subway train and hip-hop was making noise. My lyrics reminisce about the days spent riding shotgun with my dad, who seemed to work incessantly as a NYC cabbie. Through these rides I glimpsed a world outside of my own neighborhood. I met some real New Yorkers and heard their stories; authentic taxi-cab confessions. Today I write to bring these stories, and my own, to life. As I say in “Five Borough Manhunt”, “If the streets could talk, you wouldn’t want to walk it/ Eyes and hearts have been taken by the pocket.” To understand more, listen to the music and check my new video.

Friday, March 25, 2011

THE BLACK N' BLUE BOWL – ILL ROC AFTER PARTY

MAY 29TH AT THE REDSTAR IN BROOKLYN!!!

CHECK OUT THE LIVE ACTS.
GONNA BE OFF THE HOOK.
LIVE MUSIC AND DJ'S ALL NIGHT LONG.
ILL-ROC WILL BE IN THE BUILDING.

SO BRING SOME LOOT TO FOR MERCH, FOOD AND DRINKS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment